QSL is always interested to hear from talented people who have what it takes to work in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The careers section of our website is designed to provide you with information about any vacancies at QSL as well as the qualities we look for in our employees.
For all QSL career enquires please send us an email at email@example.com.
Grower Relationship Officer – Burdekin
The role of Grower Relationship Officer is part of a dynamic team that actively promotes QSL’s sugar pricing and marketing offering. This role has a strong client relationship management and sales focus, with ongoing responsibilities to build enduring and trusted relationships with cane growers in the Burdekin region.
Reporting to the Grower Relationship Manager – Burdekin & Herbert Regions, this position is ultimately responsible for:
- The creation and implementation of sales and engagement plans to acquire new grower business and grow tonnes under management while also retaining existing relationships in a way that exceeds growers’ expectations and places service above all other objectives;
- Day-to-day account management, incorporating a strong focus on face-to-face engagement via farm visits and shed meetings to increase knowledge of the benefits of using QSL and understanding of our products and services;
- Being a first point of contact for grower enquiries, including those pertaining to pricing, marketing and Advances payments;
- Delivering local communication programs in consultation with grower organisations;
- Assisting with the production and dissemination of communications and identifying ongoing opportunities to enhance broader understanding and awareness of QSL’s activities and products;
- Contributing to the credibility and relevance of QSL’s Client Relationship Management system, so that it continues to support the development of ‘fit for purpose’ and meaningful client engagement; and
- Providing training and support of growers in the use of the QSL Direct online portal.
To be considered for this rare and pivotal position you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in either agribusiness, commerce, business/ finance, economics or equivalent practical experience
- Previous experience in managing rural accounts in a competitive market environment with some exposure to origination, commodity market and risk management, forward pricing and pooling, and contract life cycles.
- A high degree of genuine empathy and engagement, with the ability to influence positive outcomes across a broad stakeholder mix
- Experience and a high level of comfort with working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Superior negotiation and communication skills coupled with a high degree of computer literacy
Of note, a full open and clean Drivers Licence as well as the flexibility to travel throughout the region is essential.
Applications close 27 September 2019.