QSL is always interested to hear from talented people who have what it takes to work in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The careers section of our website is designed to provide you with information about any vacancies at QSL as well as the qualities we look for in our employees.
For all QSL career enquires please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT POSITIONS VACANT
Position: Agribusiness Graduate
Join Australia's largest sugar marketer. Great opportunity for a Business Graduate with a passion for agribusiness to provide commercial support within the Grower Services and Marketing Teams of Queensland Sugar Limited.
This role will be regionally based with the opportunity to work either in Mackay or the Burdekin. As part of your induction and ongoing training and development, you will be required to spend time working in QSL's Corporate Office in Brisbane and travel throughout the Queensland Sugar milling regions.
Key selling points:
- Diverse opportunity and exposure across the business
- Employer of choice with strong market presence, agricultural commodities sector
- Ongoing development opportunities
Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) is Australia's largest raw sugar marketer and has been an integral part of the Queensland sugar industry for nearly a century. We are a member-owned service organisation, providing world-class sugar marketing, pricing, finance and logistics services.
The role of Agribusiness Graduate is part of QSL's Marketing division, a dynamic team that actively promotes QSL's sugar pricing and marketing offering. This role will provide commercial support to the team in a way that complements our customer facing strategy.
The Agribusiness Graduate will build knowledge and confidence in QSL's products and service offerings and assist in identifying opportunities where QSL can facilitate and support grower success. Success in the role sees QSL being regarded as the number one trusted marketing partner in the region.
Reporting to the Manager, Grower Engagement and External Relations, this position will provide support to the:
- Grower Services Team who operates down the coast of Queensland
- Far Northern Qld
- Burdekin and Herbert River
- Mackay - Proserpine - Sarina
- Bundaberg - Isis
- QSL Direct
- Brisbane Office
- Marketing Operations
- Brisbane Office
- Treasury Operations
- Brisbane Office
A copy of the full position description can be downloaded by clicking here.
To be considered you will:
- Have formal qualifications in Agribusiness/Commerce/Accounting/Finance or similar.
- Be geographically flexible.
- Have a high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to show initiative to achieve outcomes.
- Have sound research, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Have attention to detail.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills with a high degree of genuine empathy and engagement and the ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Have the ability to achieve results through self-directed and proactive planning.
- Have a high degree of computer literacy.
A full open and clean Drivers Licence is essential, and the flexibility to travel throughout the region to support growers is a key requirement.
QSL maintains an exceptional safety record and takes pride in their values and contemporary diversity policy.
To apply, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and why you feel this opportunity should be yours. If you have any work experience and employment history, please include a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com.