The QSL Grow Program seeks to promote the long-term sustainability of the Queensland sugar industry by supporting initiatives focused on protecting and increasing sustainable sugar production at a grassroots level.
Current initiatives supported by this program include:
- The Next Gen program: As its inaugural corporate sponsor, QSL has supported Next Gen's efforts to develop the next generation of Australian cane farmers since the program's inception, and is a proud sponsor of its popular biennial Next Gen Conference. Click here for information about Next Gen.
- Women In Sugar: QSL is a Gold Sponsor of the Annual Women In Sugar Australia Conference which helps to connect women in the cane industry throughout the state. See your local QSL rep for details of your closest Women In Sugar group.
- Agricultural Shows and Sugar Cane Competitions: QSL is a long-time sponsor of these annual regional events which not only recognise production excellence, but showcase the good work of Queensland cane farmers to their wider communities. Events supported to date include:
- Gin Gin Show Sugar Cane Competition
- Sarina Show Sugar Cane Competition
- Mackay Show Sugar Cane Competition and Awards Night
- Pioneer Valley Show Sugar Cane Competition
- Proserpine Show Sugar Cane Competition
- Ingham Show Sugar Cane Competition
- Regional Productivity Awards: These events held in communities around the state not only recognise and encourage the pursuit of sugar cane production excellence, but are important industry networking events for local cane growers. QSL has a long history of supporting productivity awards and most recently has sponsored award categories at the following:
- Burdekin Productivity Awards
- Herbert River Productivity Awards
- Mossman Productivity Awards
- Tablelands Productivity Awards
- Tully Productivity Awards
- Plane Creek Productivity Service Awards
- Innisfail and Babinda Productivity Awards Nights
- Bundaberg Sugar Industry Awards and Dinner
- Agricultural Field Days: QSL regularly supports these industry events which help promote best practice and encourage industry networking. Events attended/sponsored have included:
- Ag Trade Life Mackay
- North Queensland Field Days
- AgroTrend Bundaberg
- Australian Hand Cane Cutting Championships: QSL is a major sponsor of this national event which showcases the Australian sugar industry's history and continuing contribution in the Burdekin each year.
- Bundaberg Harvest Breakfast: QSL is a continuing sponsor of this annual education session for Bundaberg cane growers.
- Home Hill Harvest Festival: QSL is proud to support this community event which showcases the importance of the sugar industry to both the Burdekin community and the state's economy.
- Lucinda Christmas Carols: As the major employer in Lucinda - a vital hub for the Herbert River sugar industry - QSL is a long-time sponsor of this community event.
- Proserpine Cut-Out Party: QSL is a proud supporter of this community event that celebrates the end of the local cane harvest while also raising important funds for the Black Dog Institute, a not-for-profit medical research institute focused on the early detection, prevention and treatment of common mental health disorders.
For further information about obtaining QSL support for your industry event or initiative, please contact your local QSL representative.
QSL has shares in the following Queensland-based sugar businesses, helping to support our state's sugar production and supply chain. Both investments are low risk and debt funded, with net profits returned to those growers and millers who choose to use QSL's marketing services.
- Sugar Terminals Limited: QSL is a G-Class shareholder in Sugar Terminals Limited (STL), the owner of Queensland's bulk sugar terminals. Click here for more information on STL.
- Australian Cane Farms: QSL is the second-largest shareholder in Australian Cane Farms (ACF), an Australian cane-farming enterprise based in the Burdekin. Click here for more information on ACF.