Saturday, 08 August 2020
We are currently accepting marketing nominations for the 2022, 2023 and 2024 Seasons.
For information about how you can sign up with Queensland's largest and most experienced sugar marketer, contact your local QSL team or ring 1800 870 756.
OUR 2021-SEASON PRODUCT RANGE
- New for 2021 Season - click here
- QSL Product Overview (2021 Season) - click here
- Common Pool Terms - click here
- Shared Pool Terms - click here
- Pool Terms Glossary - click here
- Non-Delivery: Your Options - click here
- 2021 Grower Handbook - click here
QSL-MANAGED PRICING OPTIONS
- Harvest Pool
- Early-Start Actively Managed Pool
- Actively Managed Pool
- 2-Season Actively Managed Pool
- 3-Season Actively Managed Pool
- Guaranteed Floor Pool
- March Guaranteed Floor Pool
- US Quota Pool
GROWER-MANAGED PRICING OPTIONS
- Target Price Contract
- Defaulting Target Price Contract
- Grower Floor Price Contract
- Individual Futures Price Contract
- Self-Managed Harvest Contract
QSL LOYALTY BONUS
QSL pays a Loyalty Bonus to growers who elect QSL as their marketer for 3 seasons in Advance.
QSL PAYMENT OPTIONS
- QSL Standard Advances: QSL's traditional Advances system, with incremental payments during the season reflecting the grower's current sugar returns estimate.
- QSL Accelerated Advances: The Advance rate rises to 90% in December, then aligns with the QSL Standard Advances rate once it also reaches 90%.
- QSL Pre-Crush Advance Payment Scheme: Under this option growers can nominate to receive an Advance payment for up to half of their GEI Sugar prior to the start of the harvest.
Growers should read the relevant terms above before using any QSL pricing or payment product. For further information or assistance regarding your pricing options, please contact your local QSL representative.
THE QSL DIRECT PORTAL
QSL Direct is the online portal used by growers with QSL Grower Pricing Agreements to submit and monitor their QSL pricing decisions and associated payments. Please note that this platform is currently only available to growers in Wilmar, Mackay Sugar and Far Northern Milling districts.
To log on to QSL Direct, visit qsldirect.qsl.com.au or click on the link at the top right of this page.
Access to QSL Direct is only available once the Grower:
- Has chosen QSL as their GEI Sugar Marketer; and
- Has a Grower Pricing Agreement (GPA) in place with QSL
To learn more about the QSL Direct Portal, please read the Fact Sheets below:
- QSL Direct Fact Sheet - click here
- Activating your QSL Direct account - click here
- Place a pricing nomination - click here
- QSL Direct Training Presentation - click here
- QSL Direct Authorised Viewer Form - click here
- QSL Direct User Guide - click here
- QSL Direct Quick Document Download - click here
Need help? Call the QSL Direct Helpline on 1800 870 756.
PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS AND TAXATION
WILMAR MILLING DISTRICTS
Growers in Wilmar milling districts who elect QSL as their GEI Sugar Marketer are paid directly by QSL. Please read the Fact Sheets below for details of these arrangements:
- QSL Payments (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- QSL Payment Statement FAQs (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- QSL Statement Example - click here
- QSL Cashflow Forecast Tool Fact Sheet - click here
- Reconciling your QSL Payment Statement Fact Sheet (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- Accounting and Tax Guide (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- Financial Industry Advisors' Presentation (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
MACKAY MILLING DISTRICTS
QSL growers in Mackay milling districts can choose to be paid directly by QSL or via their miller.
Regardless of their chosen payment option, they should continue to complete their bookwork and tax documentation by using the Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI) provided by their miller.
- Sample QSL Statement for Mackay growers - click here
- QSL Payment Fact Sheet for Mackay growers - click here
FAR NORTHERN MILLING DISTRICTS
Growers supplying Mossman Mill are paid directly by QSL and should continue to complete their bookwork and tax documentation by using the Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI) provided by their miller.
Growers using QSL Direct can consolidate their QSL statements by grouping farms which fall under the same ABN.
QSL'S GROWER PRICING AGREEMENT (GPA)
The GPA is a contract between QSL and a Grower which details the conditions under which that Grower will allocate GEI Sugar to QSL in order to access QSL's marketing and pricing services. It is important to note that a GPA cannot be activated until we have received confirmation from the relevant miller that the Grower has chosen QSL as a GEI Sugar Marketer via the required process.
To learn more about QSL's GPA, please read the following documents:
- GPA Fact Sheet - click here
- GPA How-To Guide - click here
- GPA - Frequently Asked Questions - click here
- QSL's GPA for Trust Entities - click here
CHANGES TO FARM ARRANGEMENTS
Growers who have a QSL Grower Pricing Agreement and are planning changes to their farm’s operating structure (such as a farm sale, new lease or subdivision) are asked to complete a “Farm Sale/Lease Information Form” and submit this to QSL.
This form is not a contract – it simply initiates the documentation process by gathering basic information about the transaction to enable QSL to prepare the relevant Deed of Acknowledgement and/or Deed of Novation, to implement associated pricing transfers. This can be done before, during or after the transaction occurs, but ideally, before the transaction occurs.
Completed forms can be submitted via email to email@example.com or to your local Grower Services Representative.
For further information or to commence the process, please contact the QSL Direct team on 1800 870 756.
SELLING YOUR STL SHARES
Looking to sell your shares in Sugar Terminals Limited (STL)? As a not-for-profit organisation owned by the Queensland cane growers and sugar millers we serve, QSL is uniquely positioned to buy your STL shares. Click here for details.
TRANSFERRING PRICING TO QSL
Growers who have conducted pricing with a bank or financial services provider may be able to transfer (novate) their pricing to QSL.
While QSL charges no fees for this service, it should be noted that Growers in such arrangements may be liable for fees and charges from their existing pricing provider, and should refer to their current pricing agreement or provider for details of these. Technical limitations may also restrict QSL’s ability to novate pricing.
For more information regarding the novation process, please contact your local QSL representative.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
Your local Grower Services Team representative is available to assist you with any queries.