Nominations for QSL-managed pools are now open for the 2020 Season.
Growers marketing with QSL for the 2020 Season now have until 30 April 2020* to finalise which pricing options they'd like to use for the coming season.
While it's now too late to choose QSL as your marketer for the 2020 Season if you have not already done so, you can still nominate QSL as your marketer and access pricing for the 2021 and 2022 seasons at any time. For more information about the marketing nomination process, call your local QSL team (see contact details below).
*Local nomination deadlines apply for growers in the Bundaberg and Isis districts. Please see your miller for details of these.
OUR 2020-SEASON PRODUCT RANGE
- QSL Product Overview (2020 Season) - click here
- QSL Pricing and Payment options - click here
- Common Pool Terms - click here
- Shared Pool Terms - click here
- Glossary - click here
- QSL Grower Handbook (2020 Season) - click here
QSL-MANAGED PRICING OPTIONS
- Harvest Pool - click here
- Early-Start Actively Managed Pool (nominations now closed) - click here
- Actively Managed Pool - click here
- 2-Season Actively Managed Pool - click here
- 3-Season Actively Managed Pool - click here
- February 2020 Guaranteed Floor Pool (nominations now closed) - click here
- Guaranteed Floor Pool - click here
- US Quota Pool - click here
GROWER-MANAGED PRICING OPTIONS
- Target Price Contract - click here
- Individual Futures Price Contract - click here
- Self-Managed Harvest Pool - click here
QSL LOYALTY BONUS
QSL pays a Loyalty Bonus to growers who elect QSL as their marketer for 3 seasons in Advance. To qualify for the 2020-Season bonus you must nominate QSL as your GEI Sugar Marketer for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 Seasons by 30 June 2021. Click here for details.
QSL PAYMENT OPTIONS
QSL Standard Advances: QSL's traditional Advances system, with incremental payments during the season reflecting the grower's current sugar returns estimate. Click here for details.
QSL Accelerated Advances: The Advance rate rises to 90% in December, then aligns with the QSL Standard Advances rate once it also reaches 90%. Click here for details.
QSL Deferred Payment Scheme: Allows participants to defer their early-season Advances payments due before June 30 to their first scheduled payment in July of the new financial year. Click here for details.
QSL Pre-Crush Advance Payment Scheme: Under this option growers can nominate to receive an Advance payment for up to half of their GEI Sugar prior to the start of the harvest.
Growers should read the relevant terms above before using any QSL pricing or payment product. For further information or assistance regarding your pricing options, please contact your local QSL representative.
THE QSL DIRECT PORTAL
QSL Direct is the online portal used by growers with QSL Grower Pricing Agreements to submit and monitor their QSL pricing decisions and associated payments. Please note that this platform is currently only available to growers in Wilmar and select Mackay Sugar milling districts.
To log on to QSL Direct, visit https://qsldirect.qsl.com.au or click on the link at the top right of this page.
Access to QSL Direct is only available once the Grower:
- Has chosen QSL as their GEI Sugar Marketer; and
- Has a Grower Pricing Agreement (GPA) in place with QSL
To learn more about the QSL Direct Portal, please read the Fact Sheets below:
- QSL Direct Fact Sheet - click here
- Activating your QSL Direct account - click here
- Place a pricing nomination - click here
- QSL Direct Training Presentation (Notes Format) - click here
- QSL Direct Authorised Viewer Form - click here
- QSL Direct User Guide - click here
Need help? Call the QSL Direct Helpline on 1800 870 756.
PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS AND TAXATION
WILMAR MILLING DISTRICTS
Growers in Wilmar milling districts who elect QSL as their GEI Sugar Marketer are paid directly by QSL. Please read the Fact Sheets below for details of these arrangements:
- QSL Payments (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- QSL Payment Statement Fact Sheet (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- QSL Statement Example - click here
- QSL Cashflow Forecast Tool Fact Sheet - click here
- Reconciling your QSL Payment Statement Fact Sheet (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- Accounting and Tax Guide (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
- Financial Industry Advisors' Presentation (Wilmar milling districts) - click here
MACKAY MILLING DISTRICTS
QSL growers in Mackay milling districts can choose to be paid directly by QSL or via their miller.
Regardless of their chosen payment option, they should continue to complete their bookwork and tax documentation by using the Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI) provided by their miller.
- Sample QSL Statement for Mackay growers - click here
- QSL Payment Fact Sheet for Mackay growers - click here
FAR NORTHERN MILLING DISTRICTS
Growers supplying Mossman Mill are paid directly by QSL and should continue to complete their bookwork and tax documentation by using the Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI) provided by their miller.
Growers using QSL Direct can consolidate their QSL statements by grouping farms which fall under the same ABN. Click here for details.
QSL'S GROWER PRICING AGREEMENT (GPA)
The GPA is a contract between QSL and a Grower which details the conditions under which that Grower will allocate GEI Sugar to QSL in order to access QSL's marketing and pricing services. It is important to note that a GPA cannot be activated until we have received confirmation from the relevant miller that the Grower has chosen QSL as a GEI Sugar Marketer via the required process.
To learn more about QSL's GPA, please read the following documents:
- GPA Fact Sheet - click here
- GPA How-To Guide - click here
- GPA - Frequently Asked Questions - click here
- QSL's GPA for Trust Entities - click here
CHANGES TO FARM ARRANGEMENTS
Growers who have a QSL Grower Pricing Agreement and are planning changes to their farm’s operating structure (such as a farm sale, new lease or subdivision) are asked to complete a “Farm Sale/Lease Information Form” and submit this to QSL.
This form is not a contract – it simply initiates the documentation process by gathering basic information about the transaction to enable QSL to prepare the relevant Deed of Acknowledgement and/or Deed of Novation, to implement associated pricing transfers. This can be done before, during or after the transaction occurs, but ideally, before the transaction occurs.
Completed forms can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to your local Grower Services Representative.
For further information or to commence the process, please contact the QSL Direct team on 1800 870 756.
SELLING YOUR STL SHARES
Looking to sell your shares in Sugar Terminals Limited (STL)? As a not-for-profit organisation owned by the Queensland cane growers and sugar millers we serve, QSL is uniquely positioned to buy your STL shares. Click here for details.
TRANSFERRING PRICING TO QSL
Growers who have conducted pricing with a bank or financial services provider may be able to transfer (novate) their pricing to QSL.
While QSL charges no fees for this service, it should be noted that Growers in such arrangements may be liable for fees and charges from their existing pricing provider, and should refer to their current pricing agreement or provider for details of these. Technical limitations may also restrict QSL’s ability to novate pricing.
For more information regarding the novation process, please read the Fact Sheet below:
FURTHER INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
Your local Grower Services Team representative is available to assist you with any queries. Click here for their contact details.