Wednesday, 09 October 2019
Queensland cane growers marketing with QSL can now lock in more pricing in future seasons, following an increase to commitment limits.
QSL Executive Manager Supplier Relations and Systems Bryce Wenham, pictured right, said the committed pricing tonnage limits had recently been increased in response to grower feedback.
“The poor prices of recent seasons have reiterated the value of maximising pricing when times are good, so we’ve increased commitment levels to allow growers to lock in more pricing further out when the opportunity permits,” Mr Wenham said.
QSL has also increased the pricing discretion limits for its popular Actively Managed Pool and its 2-Season counterpart, giving QSL’s pricing managers more ability to increase or decrease pricing from the pool benchmark. “Again, this change is in response to grower feedback that QSL should be empowered to really back their market view in these QSL-managed pools, and these increased discretion levels enable us to do just that.”
Mr Wenham said that in addition to these pricing changes, growers using QSL Direct could now also consolidate their QSL statements by grouping farms which were under the same ABN, cutting down on statement paperwork.
QSL CEO Greg Beashel will provide further information on these new services as well as an update on the current sugar market at grower information sessions held throughout North Queensland during the coming week. All growers, regardless of their marketer, are welcome to attend. Session details are:
- HERBERT RIVER: 6.30pm Wednesday 9 October – Ingham Bowls Club, Ingham. RSVP to James on 0447 062 213
- BURDEKIN: 6.30pm Thursday 10 October – Burdekin Sports Club Hall, Ayr. RSVP to Kristen on 0438 470 235
- INNISFAIL: 6pm Monday 14 October 2019, Australian Sugar Heritage Centre, Mourilyan. RSVP to Dan on 0429 660 238
- BABINDA: 7.30am Tuesday 15 October 2019, Babinda RSL Hall, Babinda. RSVP to Dan on 0429 660 238
- GORDONVALE: 11.30am Tuesday 15 October 2019, Parkview Tavern, Gordonvale. RSVP to Dan on 0429 660 238
- TABLELANDS: 6pm Tuesday 15 October 2019, Jackaroo Motel, Mareeba. RSVP to Dan on 0429 660 238
Growers in Mackay, MSF Sugar, Tully and Wilmar milling districts are reminded they only have until the end of the month (31 October 2019) to finalise their marketing nominations for the coming season. See your local QSL representative for details regarding this deadline.
For more information:
Ph: 0409 285 074 Email: Cathy.Kelly@qsl.com.au